Often, erratic readings are caused by the fish finder's settings. Most often, we find that the fish finder has been inadvertently set to simulator mode. Click Here to turn off the simulator mode.
If that does not solve the problem, write down the following information about your product prior to contacting support:
- Are you using new, name-brand batteries? What Voltage are you showing? Click Here For Battery Suggestions
- What is Sensitivity Setting when You Experience this Condition? https://hawkeyeelectronics.com/blogs/boating-fishing-electronics-blog/how-to-tune-sonar-sensitivity-for-a-hawkeye-fishtrax-fish-finder
- Is the Depth Range Set to Auto?
- Is the simulator off?
- Is the Keel Offest Set to Off?
- What is the Surface Clarity Setting when you Experience this Condition?
- What is the Noise Rejection Setting when you Experience this Condition?
- What is the Water Temperature Reading on the Display?