- Remove the standard dash mount bracket for the back of the gauge.
- Install the face and bezel on the gauge making sure it locks on a detent (this needs to be done before placing gauge in housing or the bezel will not lock).
- Take the white backing off the two green foam pieces and install them just inside of the gauge housing lip (see attached image "Step 3.jpg")
- Pull the black and red wires through the large hole at the rear of the gauge mount and carefully guide the fuse holder through.
- Pull the transducer cable through the same hole as referenced in Step 4.
- Peel the green skin off the foam adhesive pads installed in Step 3 above.
- Press the gauge into housing making certain to not allow the adhesive pads to touch the sides until the gauge is fully inserted.
- To aid with weatherproofing in wet environments, you may want to seal the cable hole with silicone or a rubber grommet.
- Choose a mounting place on the dash and install the base plate, secure with adhesive vibration damping pad, and mounting screws.
- Snap the housing foot into the mounting plate.
For Installations that Require a More Secure Fitment:
- Install the thick dash extension rod that was supplied with your depth finder display on the threaded rod on the back of the gauge.
- Drill a 1/4" hole in the center of the back of the surface mount bracket (on the dimple in the back of the housing).
- Install the depth finder into the housing as per the steps above being certain to insert the threaded rod through the hole drilled in Step 2.
- Install the thumb nut on the threaded rod on the outside of the housing.
- Before completing Step 9 in the Standard Installation instructions above, apply adhesive to the bracket base before snapping it into the mounting plate (you can also use a small piece of the adhesive snipped from the green foam pieces referenced in Step 3 above).