If they didn't tie wrap it to the harness inside the boat it's relatively easy.
- Unplug the transducer from the back of the depth gauge.
- Attach a pull string just behind the plug (nylon cord works great).
- Wrap the plug/string with electrical tape to make the transition smooth.
- Lubricate the electrical tape with soap.
- Pull the cable from the where it goes through the hull.
- Remove the transducer from the outside of hull and pull the cable/string out.
- Make sure you affix the pull string at the dash and transom to prevent it from getting lost inside the boat.
- To install a new transducer, just reverse the steps above.
- If at anytime you get hung up, don't jerk the cable. Use a steady pulling motion.
- If you can check for tie wraps beforehand you will save yourself a lot of time/frustration.