There is probably an air void somewhere between the head of the unit and the water. This could be in the form of air bubbles trapped in the ice. It could also be that you do not have a perfect seal between the head of the unit and the ice (we suggest using a small amount of water or petroleum jelly to make a void free connection).
Articles in this section
- DepthTrax 1H Handheld Depth Finder Tech Tutorial
- Can I replace the transducer cap on my DT1H?
- Live action use of the DT1H
- My DT1H was working fine but now it's giving me erratic or --- readings
- How do I change the readings from standard to metric?
- I tested my new Portable Sonar System at the YMCA pool and got wildly inaccurate measurements. At the 10-foot mark in the deep end, the said the water was 3.5, 4, 5 feet, but never 10.
- All I get is "---" readings on my depth sounder in certain places. I've noticed that these places have very soft/muddy bottoms and/or very dirty/silty water.
- How long will the batteries last?
- I see a small amount of water leaking from near the activation button and display screen after submerging my Handheld Sonar. Is that normal?
- Will the H22PX work while underway in my watercraft?