There is probably an air void somewhere between the head of the unit and the water. This could be in the form of air bubbles trapped in the ice. It could also be that you do not have a perfect seal between the head of the unit and the ice (we suggest using a small amount of water or petroleum jelly to make a void free connection).
Articles in this section
- DepthTrax 1H Handheld Depth Finder Tech Tutorial
- Can I turn on the handheld depth finder before I put it in the water?
- What battery do I need for my DT1H?
- Is the dt1h waterproof
- Can I replace the transducer cap on my DT1H?
- Live action use of the DT1H
- My DT1H was working fine but now it's giving me erratic or --- readings
- Where is the date code sticker on my DT1H
- How do I change the readings from standard to metric on a DT1H, H22PX, or H22FX Handheld Sonar?
- I tested my new Portable Sonar System at the YMCA pool and got wildly inaccurate measurements. At the 10-foot mark in the deep end, the said the water was 3.5, 4, 5 feet, but never 10.