The recommended distance of 6-10 inches allows the sonar sensor to remain stable below the surface, even in rougher waters. The float can be adjusted to set the sonar sensor deeper if desired, to get in below a layer of ice perhaps but the difference in depth must then be added to what the unit displays.
Articles in this section
- How do I register my Hawkeye warranty?
- Can the TraxMount Portable Post Mount be mounted to The Traxmount low profile track?
- Can I glue in my transducer on a kayak?
- My FishTrax transducer is damaged. I don't see replacements on the website.
- Sonar Cross Talk
- FishTrax™ 1C | ACCESSING AND ADJUSTING THE FEATURES
- FishTrax™ 1C | ZOOM BOTTOM TRACKING
- FishTrax™ 1C | FISHTRAX™ SONAR FREQUENCIES
- FishTrax™ 1C | FISHTRAX™ 1C OPERATING MODES
- FishTrax™ 1C | SETTING THE FISH FINDER IN SIMULATION MODE