The recommended distance of 6-10 inches allows the sonar sensor to remain stable below the surface, even in rougher waters. The float can be adjusted to set the sonar sensor deeper if desired, to get in below a layer of ice perhaps but the difference in depth must then be added to what the unit displays.
Articles in this section
- My FishTrax transducer is damaged. I don't see replacements on the website.
- Sonar Cross Talk
- FishTrax™ 1C | ACCESSING AND ADJUSTING THE FEATURES
- FishTrax™ 1C | ZOOM BOTTOM TRACKING
- FishTrax™ 1C | FISHTRAX™ SONAR FREQUENCIES
- FishTrax™ 1C | FISHTRAX™ 1C OPERATING MODES
- FishTrax™ 1C | SETTING THE FISH FINDER IN SIMULATION MODE
- FishTrax™ 1C | GETTING TO KNOW THE FISHTRAX™ 1C
- FishTrax™ 1C | INTRODUCTION TO FISHTRAX™ INTELLIGENT SONAR
- FishTrax™ 1 | UNCOVERING THE BEST HIDING PLACES