The recommended distance of 6-10 inches allows the sonar sensor to remain stable below the surface, even in rougher waters. The float can be adjusted to set the sonar sensor deeper if desired, to get in below a layer of ice perhaps but the difference in depth must then be added to what the unit displays.
Articles in this section
- The Batteries in my Fish Finder Do Not Last the Entire Day
- Can You Recommend a Storage Bag for the FishTrax Kayak Kit
- FishTrax 1C Showing Erratic Readings
- What batteries do you recommend for HawkEye fish finders?
- Can you you see the jig on the FishTrax 1C while icefishing?
- Where do I grease the o-ring on my Fishtrax?
- Using the side scan adapter
- How do you get the folds out of the iceshack?
- Ice Fishing Tips and Tricks
- Does the Kayak Kit come with everything I need?