Yes, the standard transducer that comes with the DF1000D will shoot through aluminum up to 1/8th inch thick. You can also use a thru-hull transducer, but make sure it is made out of plastic as galvanic corrosion will cause a bronze transducer to eventually "eat through" the aluminum.
Articles in this section
- Depth Finder Displaying Three Dashes ---
- 4 Key Steps to Successfully Transom Mounting a Fish Finder or Depth Sounder Transducer
- Connecting a HawkEye Boat Mount Depth Finder to Another Manufacturer's Transducer
- Transom Mount Transducer Tech Tutorial Video
- HawkEye® D10D - D10DX Product Orientation Video
- I Cannot Get a Reading While Trying to Shoot-Thru My Sailboat Hull.
- How do I transom mount a transducer?
- Glue-In Transducer Instructions with Illustrations
- What is the current draw on your boat mount depth finders
- What Types of Boat Hulls Are Glue-In Compatible?