Yes, the standard transducer that comes with the DF1000D will shoot through aluminum up to 1/8th inch thick. You can also use a thru-hull transducer, but make sure it is made out of plastic as galvanic corrosion will cause a bronze transducer to eventually "eat through" the aluminum.
Articles in this section
- 4 Key Steps to Successfully Transom Mounting a Fish Finder or Depth Sounder Transducer
- Connecting a HawkEye Boat Mount Depth Finder to Another Manufacturer's Transducer
- Transom Mount Transducer
- Glue In Transducer Video
- HawkEye® D10D - D10DX Product Orientation Video
- Mounting a depth finder on sailboats
- How do I transom mount a transducer?
- Glue-In Transducer Instructions with Illustrations
- Where do I put the temperature sensor on my DT1BX or DT2BX
- What epoxy is recommended for the glue in transducer?